Monday, January 28, 2008

Afflictions with Obsessions

I'd say this weekend passed effortlessly enough. I made plans but of course once it actually came down time to execute them I decided to do otherwise. I did go grocery shopping which only aided in my staying in for the two short days that is my time off from work and I must admit when i made the concious decision to stay in it felt strangely liberating.

Whilst at home I somehow became obsessed with watching the S. Carolina primaries. I was overjoyed that Barack Obama took it with such force and was literally on the edge of my seat while listening to him give his victory speech. I've taken the liberty of posting it up here in case any of you missed it. For the first time in, well, period I feel connected to the election process and hopeful that something other than self serving initiatives can take place from within it. It's was Barack calls the audacity of hope! I wanna attend a rally or some shit, get more into it all! I want to take part in this political revolution.

I find myself severly motivated by this man and his ideas...




So last night was the birthday party of one of the guys in the click that I sometimes go out with. I'd pretty much been phsyched to attend since i received the invite being that I think the guy is interesting and all but like so many other plans I had for the weekend, shit just fell through. I think this goes back to me not wanting to move forward in regards to my crush...shit I just like having one. In the end I just didn't feel like being bothered but in the spirit of keeping crushes alive, I'm posting up the new video for Honey.

Erykah Badu - Honey
The video has as much of an old school feel as the song itself and I love it! Check it out.



Man, I can't wait to get my tax return money!!

No comments: