Wednesday, May 7, 2008

They Say Hind Sight Is 20/20

My mama used to always say 'you never know what'll happen in the next twenty minutes'. This always came on the heels of a negative occurrence and it was her kind and gentle way of saying "that's life, kiddo. Deal with it!". Hind sight is 20/20 and now I know precisely what she meant. Life in all its inevitable-ness is filled with interruptions and complications and the grand benefit to all of this change is simply that...meaning whatever you're experiencing always remember that yes, this too, shall pass. Good for us that the change could just as easily be good for us as it can be bad. It's was Barack Obama calls the audacity of hope. Something my mama was filled to the brim with.

So the other day one of my best sweety pies on the planet, Corren, came by the office around quitting time and we both walked in the same direction...she to her friend who owns a recording studio and me to get my nails done. After small talk I was invited to the studio after my appointment and since it was in such close proximity to where I was going anyway I obliged. Once I get there it wasn't twenty minutes before I see an old friend. One who i was not neccessarily estranged from but one I definitely wasn't on constant speaking terms with. Long story short, my mama's words popped right into my head. For what its worth, I didn't mind seeing him but I was completely fine not seeing him. Since we never really figured out exactly what our connection entailed we somehow scraped past having too, leaving, what they call, an 800 pound gorrilla in the room whenever we linked. Eventually the gorilla just got too damn big for us to occupy the same time space continuum and our time together became more effort than either of us afforded to it. Waking up that day, seeing him was pretty much one of the last things I'd expected to do...but damn if it didn't feel nice. You never know what'll happen in the next twenty minutes...true indeed!


On another note, I came across this crazy video of this chick going hard on some random old lady on the train. It's rather sad to watch but it's like they say... the same things that make you laugh can make you cry.


Also, last night Barack Obama won the North Carolina Primaries! A perverbial fire has been set under my political enthusiasm and I'm greatly interested in finding out how all of this will play out.

On another note, my heart and prayers go out to all the people of Myanmar who fell victim to the Cyclone that has reaped unimaginable loss!

No comments: